Various events and every day happenings of our quiet life in Port Orange, FL.
Includes community events, travel, home projects, food, gardening and a lot of our pup Rufus.



Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years Eve

This was taken by my cell phone camera on new years 2005/2006. It was DH and my first new years as a married couple. We lived at my grandparents house for the first few months we were married and this was a big street party on Main Street about a mile away so we decided to check it out. It was PACKED! Nice fireworks at midnight though.

The new years before that 2004/2005, we had been engaged for just over a month and we drove up to Washington DC to visit DH's sister. That new years party was great - it was at Jillian's, which is just like Dave and Busters. We were bowling in the new year. Fun times. Wish we had one of those places here in town. We're definitely going there when we go to San Diego next month. I was also in DC the new years before that, but that was before I had met DH.

We haven't decided what we're doing this year, but I know I'll have to take a nap before we go out. I'm used to going to bed around 9-10pm. Nap and Redbull here I come! Maybe we'll get to try the new Japanese steakhouse here in town - grand opening today or a different restaurant and a comedy club. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Are you just visiting San Diego when you're in California? We'd love to see you if you make your way up north!

    ReplyDelete