Various events and every day happenings of our quiet life in Port Orange, FL.
Includes community events, travel, home projects, food, gardening and a lot of our pup Rufus.



Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Thanks to webmd.com, I've been able to self-diagnose my current health status. I'm pretty sure I have Sinusitis. I have all the symptoms - Pain or pressure in the forehead, cheeks, nose and between the eyes, headache, fever, nasal congestion, reduced sense of smell, ache in the teeth. Ok, I don't have the fever part that I'm aware of, but I've loaded up on sinus headache OTC meds. Hopefully it'll clear soon, as I've got a sales visit down south in Stuart tomorrow.

With Christmas fast approaching, I decided to take a couple pics of my favorite ornaments from our tree. This first one is from an ice cube looking snowman series. At my bridal shower, a friend loaded us up with different items for many of the holidays, especially Christmas ornaments and house decorations. I thought that was a wonderful idea! She got us several pieces from this series and they're all different. This guy used to be ice fishing with a fishing pole until Rufus got ahold of it when he was a baby and stretched out the snowman's wire arms. I guess he could use his long arms to reach into the ice hole and just grab the fish now. I still like to hang this one up because it makes me laugh every year.
These are 2 of our newer ornaments. I'll take some pics of the older, family ornaments later this week. The star at the right is a clear plastic material decorated with pretty silver glitter lines. I like it because it's elegant byt simple. And to the left of that is a silver metal 'S', for our last name, decorated with red swarovski crystals. Pretty and simple again. Our color scheme for the tree is red and silver.And here's a view of our house from the street. Our cars are parked in the driveway, so you can't see the other decorated trees, but this shows most of it. Icicles all over, net lighting on the bushes, lights wrapped around the columns, and twinkeling stars above the garage and in the windows. We've also got Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and a cow from the natvitity blow mold collection in the center of the flower bed.
This is our den with the stockings and tree and a fire in the fireplace. You wouldn't expect this to be in a house in central FL would you? I think it was around 50 that night - definitely fireplace weather for us :) Now we've just got to get some presents in those stockings and under the tree. And yes, one of the stockings is Rufus'!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all those lights! All you need is some snow now.

    I'll spare you the deep freeze, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'll have to keep the 'kids' away from the tree Friday evening!
    JMA

    ReplyDelete